October

October hours: 3, total hours: 3

I went to volunteer at the Broadmoor food pantry this month and thoroughly enjoyed my experience. I helped arrange and sort the food in bags for the people who may be food insecure. I also helped assist people as they were coming in with whatever they needed such as bringing the food bags to their cars. I also helped with the set up and take down of the food pantry. There were several experienced Tulane undergraduate students who were helping lead the volunteer program. I hope to continue volunteering at the Broadmoor food pantry and may explore different roles such as cooking in the kitchen. 

The curriculum is also progressively picking up as we had our cardiovascular and ANS test which I believed to be more dense than our previous tests. It was interesting to learn about many of the cardiovascular drugs such as beta blockers as well as the cholinergic pharmacological drugs. In addition, this unit was more strongly related to current and former world issues as we learned about the use of nerve agents in chemical warfare as weapons of mass destruction and how to treat such issues. It was also extremely important that we learned about how the different medications and mediators affect blood pressure as well as heart rate. These relationships were highly dependent on baroreceptors, however there were also many exceptions as to when baroreceptors may be blocked. We also learned how to read ECG’s and built upon this in the current unit in learning how to read the abnormal ECG’s such as the different cardiac arrhythmias. As we move on to arguably our most important unit, the cardiovascular unit, we will build upon what we already learned in the ANS unit. 

Comments

  1. Natural herbs have treated so many illnesses that drugs and injections can't treat. I've seen the great importance of natural herbs and the wonderful work they have done in people's lives. I read people's testimonies online on how they were treated of Herpes, HPV HIV/AIDS & STDs, Diabetics , Gonorrhea, Hepatitis, Stomach infections, Chronic pains. etc. by natural herbal medicine, so I decided to contact the doctor because I know nature has the power to heal anything. I was diagnosed with Herpes for the past years but Dr Chike treated me with his natural herbs and I referred my aunt and her husband to him immediately because they were both suffering from herpes but to God be the glory, they were treated too believe it or not, but I am a living testimony. There is no harm trying powerful natural herbs. Contact Dr on Whats-App number . +233502715551. or you can also contact through his Facebook Page @ Dr Chike Herbal Remedy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

March

April